Who are your influencers?
DO you know who your influencers are?
Are you being more selective of what you eat then the people you allow to influence you?
Do you put more thought into purchasing a car then you do the people who help you make decisions?
Pual tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:33, “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
After reading this verse you might be thinking, that’s a little exaggerated or I am who I am because I want to that’s who I want to be.
People have been shaping you all of your life. Your family, friends, or any other person who has ever had an influence on you.
Just think about some of the OCD tendencies you have and think of other people in your life that have the same ones. Most of the people who come to mind will be those who had an influence in your life.
Also, however, there are probably things that you will never do because of the negative influence someone had on you.
The bottom line, people influence people.
Who influences you?
So the big question is, who are you allowing to influence you.
The reality is that we don’t have control over a lot of things in our lives.
We can’t control what family we were born into, where we were born, or our genetic make-up and so many other factors.
We do, however, have control of the people we give access into our lives and who we listen to and receive advice from. negative or positive people is up to us!
So here are 5 reasons you should be talking about influencers
1. You need to ask yourself, who do I want to become because those you hang out with will have a big influence in who you become.
- Proverbs 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
- Proverbs 22:24-25 Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare.
2. You need to be aware that a little influence can go further than you might think.
- Galatians 5:7-9 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
3. People who are seeking to be good will want to lead other to do the same. Those who seek evil want others to do the same.
- Proverbs 12:26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
4. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” (Abraham Lincoln). Any partnership with differing goals, opinions, interests, and ethics will not last very long.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
5. You’ve heard the saying “don’t play with fire or you will get burned”. When you involve yourself with someone it’s only a matter of time before it has an impact on you positively or negatively.
- Proverbs 6:27 Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned?
Check out these other resources: