Can I help you with your Spiritual Growth Goals?
Are you setting spiritual growth goals for next year?
Maybe you want to but seem to feel stuck.
Maybe you can’t seem to think of any areas you would like to work on.
Or maybe you just haven’t had time to come up with a list.
Well, I want to help you with that today.
Here is a list that might help spark your thinking.
8 Spiritual Growth Areas You Might Want To Work On
- What specific step will You take to love God more? It’s easy to think that after that first encounter with Jesus we can kind of hit cruise-control for the rest of the journey. But I think that’s where many people get in trouble. They are casual about their Christian walk and wake up one day far away from God. You have to be intentional about seeking God.
- What specific step will You take to love my family better? Your heart and mind are constantly being pulled in so many directions. You have to be intentional about giving your family the love and attention they deserve.
- What specific step will you take to serve your church better? The church is God’s plan A. How will you become part in moving ahead what God is doing through the church.
- Who will you take the time to mentor? Jesus called us to be disciples who make disciples. So you should always be looking for some in who you can invest. Jesus had an inner circle of 3 disciples. SO I would say 1 to 3 people would be a good number.
- Who will you choose to be mentored by? This is very important, especially if you are going to be mentoring someone. If you are constantly pouring yourself out and never putting anything back in, it will not be long before you are running dry. Click HERE for part1 and HERE for part 2 for more on mentoring.
- What Bible reading plan(s) will you choose for 2017? The You version bible app has almost an endless amount of studies and devotionals. It comes with videos, year long or week long devotionals, and covers just about any topic you can think of.
- How will you be intentional in praying for those who don’t know Jesus? The JoshuaProject is a great resource for information about lostness around the world. They even have an app that will update daily to give another people group to pray for.
- What books will you read? You have access to so much information, either on a kindle app or on a hard copy. God has blessed you with the knowledge of thousand of men and women that covers just about any topic you can think of. So, why not take advantage of that.