Alright, so you took a chance and fell flat on your face.
How can you move forward?
Are you even supposed to move forward?
Yes, you need to do something
You need to act and take risks because risk is right when done for the glory of God.
And if you fail, in Jesus there is Grace for your failures.
I think too often fear of failure holds us back.
We want to move forward and live a life that pleases God but fear is looking at you like a lion staring at it’s next meal.
How do you escape it?
How to move ahead in the face of Fear of getting wrong
Fear can be paralyzing so having some small steps to take before making a decision can be very helpful.
Some things you should do before making decisions. These do not have to be done in any certain order.
- Seek counsel.Proverbs 15:22 Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed.
- Pray. Pray some more. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and It Will Be Given “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- Be patient. Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
- Count the cost. Luke 14:28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?
- Read God’s word. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Search your heart’s for motives – are you doing this for your Glory or God’s Glory? Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
And then decide.
How to move ahead in the face of Failure
The big question is still, what if I make a decision and fail?
I believe the key is to battle the thoughts that come to mind with truth.
Here are some truths you need to take to heart as you move past failure.
- Failures don’t define your worth just as much as accomplishment don’t define your worth. Jesus defines your worth.
- Jesus died for you when you were a sinner and so He is not surprised that you messed up.
- Jesus knows what you are going through because He suffered as you are suffering. Failing can feel like you have lost a part of you. He understands the struggle so bring it all to Him.
- There’s Hope in your Hurt.
- You can find healing in His presence.
- Move past the Loss and take the lesson with you.
- Be sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Failure is not the end. Defeat is not your destiny.
And as you move through life remember that God is there with open arms when you fail and when you succeed.
Check out these other resources: